PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Disneyland and thought I would share....

momtoB
09-20-2005, 08:52 AM
We just got back from our trip to Disneyland/California Adventure. We stayed at the Howard Johnson - Anaheim. The hotel and room was nice and the service was excellent. It's a nice 10 minute walk to the park entrance or you can take the Anaheim Resort Transit bus if you don't feel like walking (ART is $3/day). We got a great rate using a code we found on Mousesavers.com.

The parks were more crowded than we expected for this time of year but I attribute that to the 50th Anniversary celebration that is going on right now. We of course did everything that we could do with our 2-year old ds (well except Dumbo - the line was always too long but he didn't seem to miss it). We also rode the new Space Mountain which was incredible! The new track definitely seems smoother and the ride feels more intense with the new effects and music that is played (composed by the same artist who did the music for The Incredibles, btw).

We also saw the fireworks show which were truly breathtaking. We found a spot on the hub approx 40mins prior to show time and it was worth the wait. Fantasmic was only showing on Friday and the park was so crowded we decided not to stay for it this time (we going back in November though). People were staking their spots for this THREE hours before showtime - Crazy IMO. When we left the park about 20mins before the show started there were masses of people coming into the park and we felt like fish swimming upstream just to get out of there, lol. If it had been just dh and I, or if ds were older we probably would have endured the crowd and stayed, but we weren't doing that to our 2-yr old. Hopefully in November it will be better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

This was our first time visiting DCA as well and we thought it was a really nice park, although it still has yet to come into it's own. Cal. Screamin' is still down due to the accident a few weeks ago but there was plenty of other attractions to go on so we hardly missed it. I do hope they figure out what the problem is and get it fixed soon though as it is probably one of the main attractions to that park. We rode the Sun Wheel in one of the rocking carriages one time and that was a bit too intense for DS. He enjoyed the Golden Zephyr though. We did get to see the Alladin show which was very well-done. I recommend it. The show does fill up so if you're going make sure you get there ahead of time. They also have the "Block party bash" in the evening which was lots of fun and ds really enjoyed. They have the characters from Monsters, Inc and Toy Story in it.

Well I have to wrap this up but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Cheryl
ds-4/21/03