PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Vacation in February

ajweeks
11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm being sent to a conference at the Disney World Coronado Springs Resort in February. My DH and two kids, DS who will just be turning 4 and DD who will be 17 months, will also be coming along. We will arrive on Sat. mid-afternoon and be leaving on Wednesday. My conference is Monday and Tues. so we really only have 1 full day to dedicate to a theme park (I don't think my DH will want to take both kids alone). Is Magic Kingdom our best bet for a preschooler? Has anyone stayed at this resort? Also, what else is there to do with kids around the park that don't require a theme park pass? Since we will have a lot of partial days with the kids it just doesn't seem worth it to pay for more than one park pass day when we will only be able to go for a few hours. What about playgrounds and I've read something about a little farm area?

Also, will I need to bother bringing car seats since we just plan on using the Disney bus transportation?

Thanks,

Amy

Momof3Labs
11-04-2005, 10:15 PM
If you do a search on the Baby Bargains Lounge, there has been a lot of this information (and more) shared already.

momtoB
11-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes, I think MK is your best bet for your kids if you only have one day to do a park.

I haven't stayed at Coronado Springs but we have eaten there at the Pepper Market couple of times. It's a pretty decent place to eat with a wide variety of food choices. I can't really speak to what the resort is like as a whole though but I have heard it's a decent place to stay.

Allearsnet.com has a lot of good planning info. Here is a link to the "beyond the parks" page: http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/beyond.htm
which may help you with finding things to do that don't require a park admission pass. Check under "Overlooked Attractions" for some great ideas. The petting zoo is mentioned here - it's in the Fort Wilderness resort area.

The Boardwalk area is really fun in the evenings too. There are restaurants and entertainers that give live shows on the Boardwalk. That area is really fun at night. There's usually two or three entertainers and they always draw crowds and get the kids involved.

As far as bringing along car seats goes - if you'll only be in busses and never be in a car (including the ride to and from the airport) then you don't need carseats. Busses don't have any way to strap them in so you wouldn't be allowed to use them anyway. I know for a fact that if you're taking Disney's Magical Express (DME) to/from the airport that they don't allow car seats. So as long as you'll never be in a car you won't need them. I would bring your toddlers seat for the airplane ride though (assuming he has his own seat). I could never hold my ds for long at that age on an airplane so having a seat for him was a lifesaver!

hth!
Cheryl
ds-4/21/03

Edensmum
11-23-2005, 12:49 AM
There is usually plenty to do at the resorts themselves. This one is more business oriented, but should still have pools and other activites they can tell you about.
Otherwise he can take them to one of the other resorts, Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness have tons to do.
Each night you can see the fireworks over Cindrellas Castle and the water parade at the big resorts. I recommend the Polynesian for a great view. Get a snack and go sit byt he lake for a great show. Chekc with staff for times.

You can rent boats and go horse back riding, almost anything you could think of really. Just look into what the different resorts offer, there is tons that doesn't require a park pass.
Eden 9/04