PDA

View Full Version : disney stroller

mnosky1
02-28-2006, 01:26 PM
We are going to WDW in Sept - DD will be 3 y/o (plus 3 mos).We are staying at off site private house and renting a car (and hopefully can rent a carseat).
No idea what to do on strollers - Any advice is appreciated.
We may or may not park hop.
We have: bugaboo, PP aria, cheap umbrella
DD not likely to sleep in stroller.
I love Bugaboo as does DD but DH says no way - it would be very inconvenient on plane but so comfy for us both in parks (would use bike lock probably) -has anyone done WDW and or plane with bug?
Aria folds nice and quick but not sure if durable enough in parks (wheel broke at the mall once and has since been replaced - PP told us it is an indoor stroller)
Also house will have a stroller - they think it's a graco type.
Other option is renting in parks - how do these handle?
I hate to be stuck with a stoller we hate but at 3 y/o not sure it's worth buying anew one (I think some type of Maclaren would proabably be ideal - coudl use for future DC)
Michelle

momtoB
03-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Why not wait until you get there and see if the Graco-type stroller that comes with the house will work? If not you could always rent. You might also bring along the cheap umbrella which you could use in the airport as a backup option.

Another option is renting a stroller from www.abbf.com.

I can understand your dh's concerns with bringing the Bug, besides having to worry about theft issues in the park (not a big worry, but it still does happen from time to time), there is also the issue of possible damage while in the airplane hold.

The Aria is an indoor stroller. I've seen people using them in the parks but since you've already had problems w/the wheel falling off, I would hate to take it and risk having something like that happen while you're in the parks.

hth and hope you have a great trip!

Cheryl

mnosky1
03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks -I needed someone to tell me I don't need a new stroller :)
Michelle