PDA

View Full Version : Good age for first trip to Disney World?

jestagrl79
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Any recommendations on a good age for first trip to Disney? My sister would like to take her 6 year old in May of 2007. Our son will be 17 months then, is this too young?

MelissaTC
03-14-2006, 09:40 AM
We took our DS for his first trip at 16 months. It was a great age. He really enjoyed it so I say go for it!

staceywj
03-16-2006, 09:23 AM
So happy to hear that you took DS when he was 16 months. We are taking DD, she will be 18 months. (We are getting a lot of grief from family members that she is too young, etc. and that we will be away for Easter.) Any recommendations on certain places to eat and attractions we must see?
Thanks,
Stacey
mom to Alexa 10/25/04

mmaimp
03-16-2006, 10:10 PM
We took my oldest DS at 16 months and had a great time. He loves to look at the pictures from the trip and wants to visit Mickey's house again. We may be returning again this December and our youngest will be 23 months.

momtoB
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
My ds's first trip to WDW was at 13mos, then 17mos, then 21mos, then 23mos. Yes, four trips in one year, lol. I would say he really enjoyed it more each time. The first trip he was still really in infant stage because he wasn't walking yet (he was 12wks premature so developmentally more like a 10mos old at the time). Once he was in full-blown "toddler" hood and was more mobile he seemed to enjoy it greatly. He's never been afraid of the characters and we have tons of cute pictures of him hugging and kissing them. He even likes the baboon Rafiki from The Lion King, who I think is a little creepy, lol. I personally think it was a great age to take him and we have never regretted it. We have lots of great memories... Now we went to DL last fall and as a two-yr old it was a little more difficult because, well, he's two. So going before they hit the terrible two stage is definitely a bonus, IMO.