PDA

View Full Version : really stressed out

jenniferawachter
04-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello my husband and I are planning a trip to florida in may. We just got married last may and never got a honeymoon. We have a five year old daughter and his mom said she would take her while we were gone. well now she is giving me a huge guilt trip and saying why don't you take her with you. we think she will enjoy it more if she was 6 or 7 and besides its hot at that time and she does not like the heat and her feet get tired fast. do you think we should take her with us or take this vacation we both needand hope she can cope.
please help me i have alot of guilt building up.but my husband is standing his ground when it comes to going alone.

momtoB
04-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Well I feel sort of torn because I think a 5-yr old can totally enjoy WDW. As far as tired feet go, that is what strollers are for, and yes you will see tons of older kids - way older than five, too, being pushed in strollers at WDW (usually the rentals - they are heavy duty).

On the other hand, if this is your "delayed" honeymoon, then it doesn't really make sense to take her. Does she understand where you are going, what kind of place it is? Does she want to go? That might also play into how I would make this decision. It does sound like you really want a "kid-free" honeymoon vacation with your dh though and since your dh is standing his ground, don't let his mom make you feel bad. Lots of people take trips to WDW while leaving their kids at home. It's not like you plan on never taking her either. Good luck with your decision and whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!

hth.