PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland next week. Is it cold there?

luvmypeanut
10-11-2006, 10:41 PM
We're coming from Hawaii so my winter stuff for the kids is very limited. During the days I think they can just wear sweatshirts and sweaters but is it cold at night? We might be outside for the fireworks and one night we'll be going to Mickey's Halloween Treat which starts after the park closes. Is it still t-shirts and shorts weather during the day?

I've got a week to hit the stores if I need heavier clothing.

sdjeppa
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Probably closer to tshirts and jeans during the day, and a jacket at night (fleece, etc...not heavy). I am in San Diego, so not far... its been nice lately :)

mypa
10-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Fall is finally here but not full blown. Mornings has been overcast and cool. Definitely long pants and a light jacket. However, by midday it can get fairly warm, the air is cool in the shade (not cold) but in full sun it can get toasty, can definitely feel the warmth from the sun. I would definitely layer with perhaps long pants, short sleeve t-shirt, and light jacket or sweatshirt. A sweater or sweatshirt during the day in sun will be too hot, especially if you are walking around. I still wear shorts or a skirt, unless I'm out early morning, then will put on a capri or yoga pants. A sweatshirt or light jacket should be fine in the evening.

Have fun at Disneyland! Never been there during Halloween. Oh, and I live only 20min. from there.

luvmypeanut
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks! It's the first time for the kids to go to Disney. The Halloween Treat is supposed to be great because they sell only a limited amount of tickets and the rides are open and the kids (and adults) can dress up and go trick or treating. I've seen pics of the park decorated for Halloween and it looks fab.

kaylinsmommy2
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
We were just there last weekend - it was warm (75) in the daytime, but cool in the early morning, and much cooler after dark (sweatshirts and jeans). That said, it's been much cooler this week (I live in San Diego, too) then last week. I'd definitely do jeans and a t-shirt, plus a sweatshirt for when it gets cool.

You'll have fun (unless your child is scared of everything like mine!). :)

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

Tondi G
10-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Ditto on what everyone said! I've been wearing khakis and a tank top or tshirt during the day and putting on a sweater or sweatshirt at night! We usually put the kids in shorts and tshirts during the day (my boys are always warm though) and bring a pair of pants and a sweatshirt for nighttime! You can always get a locker for the day!

We have annual passes and we were going to go for the Halloween thing but didn't get around to it.... you'll have to let us know how it is!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

DDowning
10-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Just went today for a couple of hours (we have passes). It was 77 and sunny. Nice breeze. Perfect t-shirt weather. Very cold at night and early morning (it was 57 at 7am this morning) as soon as the sun goes down so yep, bring a jacket or thick sweatshirt and long pants. You can leave this things in the mainstreet lockers during the day and get them at night when you'll need them. Have fun!

CecilysMom
10-14-2006, 03:08 PM
We went yesterday to Disneyland during the day and the Halloween Treat at night. I wore a t-shirt and capris during the day, and I was hot. But it rained during the Halloween Treat, so I would recommend that you bring an umbrella. Hope you have fun!