PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom hotel - silly question

rlu
01-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone here know how close the animals really get to the savannah rooms at the Animal Kingdom hotel? MIL is convinced she saw a special somewhere stating the animals get close enough to feed. At $400 a night, we better get kisses from them too. Any BTDT would be appreciated.

Jacksonvol
02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I think she misunderstood. The Savannah rooms, from what I remember, get you close enough to see the keepers feeding. There is a large moat & fence separating the hotel from the animal area. Disney is never going to let a guest get that close to the giraffes, etc.

Since I would rather spend my $ on other things (like food and trinkets) I have always thought the Savannah rooms were a neat, one time thing if I had plenty of time to spend on my balcony at dawn and dusk, but otherwise, I see plenty of the animals from the hotel grounds.

It is a really nice hotel with great places to eat!

rlu
02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree they aren't going to let you get close enough to touch, just wanted some rebuttal info since I didn't see the special MIL did.

It would be a one-time thing if we stayed there since we're planning to stay at the All-Stars level hotels for the majority of our stay. The Animal Kingdom hotel looks really nice though.

Thanks for the response!

momtoB
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
We stayed at AKL sav. view rm for a couple of nights when DS was two. It was really wonderful and ds really enjoyed seeing the animals from our room's balcony. As the pp stated, the animals do not get close enough for the guests to feed them but they are still close enough that you can see them well and feel almost like you are in their environment. We look forward to staying there again some day. At that time, we got a special rate though the Annual Pass discounts. In the future there will be Disney Vacation Club villas there and since we are DVC members also we will be able to choose to stay in a villa there. For future reference you can also rent DVC points on the rent/trade board at www.disboards.com

This site lists different ways you can save money on accomodations at WDW:
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html

hth!