PDA

View Full Version : WDW with 3 1/2 yo - do I need/want to take a stroller?

iujen94
03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW with our 3 1/2 year old. (Expect lots of questions coming in the months ahead!!) Do I want/need a stroller? He never rides in a stroller, except maybe at the zoo on the way back through the zoo to the car (a pretty good hike). I'm just wondering if the possible convenience of a stroller will outweigh the hassle of lugging it around everywhere. Oh, if it's relevant, we plan to stay somewhere on the monorail, like the Contemporary. Thanks for any suggestions!

momtoB
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, since you can walk anywhere from 6 to 15miles a day at Walt Disney World, I will bet your 3yr old will want to be in a stroller more than you think. Not to mention most LO's are not used to Florida's heat and humidity. If you don't bring a stroller, you can rent one. Cost is $10 a day and I believe there is a 10% discount for a length-of-stay rental. Check www.allearsnet.com in the planning section there is a "stroller FAQ" you wil find helpful.

Will you be flying or driving? I find the stroller very helpful at the airport. Also, we can get places much faster by putting ds in his stroller than letting him walk - #1 he almost always want to go the opposite direction we do (think how over stimulating a place like WDW can be) and #2 his legs are shorter than ours and even if he wanted to walk the same pace as us (which is usually NOT the case, lol) it would be impossible for him to do.

You will see many kids using strollers at WDW - some as old as 7 or 8 even.

Hth!

Cheryl
ds-4/03, 6x to WDW so far
Next trip in May '07!

hbridge
03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Definitely take the stroller. We went to WDW when DC was a few weeks shy of three and it was perfect. We took Grandma's Volo so it was lightweight and easy to maneuver. We don't use the stroller much at home, but it was perfect for WDW and the airport. We also stayed in the monorail and just wheeled the stroller on at the end of the day with a very tired DC. I can't imagine carrying the poor child when everyone is tired at the end of a long and exciting day.

You'll have a great time.