PDA

View Full Version : Need DISNEY help / water parks ?

TraciG
04-27-2007, 12:23 PM
YEAH we're going to Disney May 11th, we need to buy the park hopper ticket's but can't decide about the water park's , is a 3.5 year old to young for them ?? Also if we do , do the water park's are they both good or is one better ? There is Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon.

THANKS, waiting impatiently for replies :)

tarabenet
04-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon, but Blizzard Beach had some areas for the smaller set. In general, though, we were disappointed, since Schlitterbahn is right in our own backyard and is many times better. (ETA: I only noted Schlitterbahn because I know where Traci lives, and it is even closer to her than it is to me.) I'd much rather save my WDW time for things I can't do at home. When you consider my comment, though, factor in that our group was two adults and two teens.

But I still think that for little kids, the hotel pool will be plenty of water excitement -- with the added bonus of being so close to the napping spot! ETA: The WDW resorts have fun, themed pools, designed to appeal to kids.

bnme
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Check out allears.net. Here's a link.
http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/bb.htm
We've never taken the kids to a waterpark but they are water lovers and adventurous and I am sure would have a blast. We plan on taking them to a local one, Splish Splash, this summer.

There are sevral water-squirting type areas in the big parks and when we went when DS#1 was 2 it was hard to pull him away from them, so I am sure a huge water-themed area would keep them occupied for a loooong time. One is in Mickey's Toon Town and I'm pretty sure Animal Kingdom has an area also. You may want to bring water shoes.

Have fun! Post how it went. We are going in Dec and I can't wait.

Momof3Labs
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
We've never been to the water parks and haven't felt like we've missed them. The hotels have nice pools, and the water parks are geared more towards older kids than 3.5yo.

egfmba
04-28-2007, 10:50 AM
We went to both last summer, and Blizzard Beach was faaaaarrr better than Typhoon Lagoon.

More stuff to do at BB. Plus, TL's 'safety coating' (you know, that stuff they coat everything with so it's softer if the kids fall) seemed to rip the skin right off anyone who was unlucky enough to fall or rub against it. There were open wounds everywhere! Blech!

If I had it to do again, I'd go right back to BB. DS1 *loves* water and really had a good time at both, but there was so little for him to do at TL (though he did like the wave pool there - in the shallow end, with daddy, of course). BB had more family rides DS1 could go on, too.

HTH,
eva

TraciG
04-28-2007, 09:23 PM
OK thanks ! So if we do one we'll do Blizzard Beach .