PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks and Disney World?

ChefGirl
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Okay, this is a silly queiton. But, Mama needs her coffee! Do all the parks at Disney Orland have Starbucks? We are staying at Coronado, do they have Starbucks at the Resort?

Thanks in advance.

JoyNChrist
05-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't have an answer (haven't been to Disney since I was 8), but you made my day with this question. :-)

hudsonam
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure. I used to work at Universal, and we had Starbucks. :)

ast96
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but I don't think I have ever seen Starbucks at Disney? I am curious to hear if there actually is some there!

hbridge
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
We were there in October and DH is a coffee snob (can you say Starbucks & Peets only). We didn't see Starbucks at all in the parks, but the resort did serve "Starbucks" coffee. All that means is they use Starbucks beans. Let's say DH was not happy and wanted to tell them it was time to clean the machines.

We had a FABULOUS trip (even without "good" coffee), but did get "real" Starbucks first thing when we arrived at the airport to head home.

Oh, the last trip we made (before DC) I actually brought Starbucks with us and we made it in the room every morning (just another idea).

MelissaTC
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
As far as I remember, WDW serves Nescafe' coffee (brewed, not instant). And it depends on who makes it. At some places, it was rocking and others, it sucked big time.

ChefGirl
05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
>Oh, the last trip we made (before DC) I actually brought
>Starbucks with us and we made it in the room every morning
>(just another idea).

Did you bring the 9 oz bag from the store? I was trying to find the small portion packets in 2.5 oz packet, but just have no luck. I'm gonna bring mine too. The room has coffee maker. I just need to figure out how to packet it so it won't spill everywhere in the suitcase. I should call the resort to see if they sell them at the general store or something.

Thanks again.

hardysmom
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
We just returned last week.

The Contemporary had a little coffe bar that opened at 7 am. Not Starbucks. Maybe a step or two down in quality, but drinkable. The arcade snack bar had some cheapo coffee 24 hours. I wouldn't think the Coronado would have better quality.

The coffee in the rooms was awful. Starbucks sells little travel packs of their house blend in the stores. If I had known, I would have picked some up before leaving.

Stephanie

SASM
05-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry...Coronado Springs doesn't have a Starbucks. I will say that I am a VERY picky coffee drinker, as well, and the PEPPER MARKET (NOT the little take out window next to Maya Grill) had some pretty yummy coffee in the AM. It wasn't strong but it was well-rounded and fresh. I ate b'fast there every AM for 4 days and the coffee was pretty consistent except for the last AM, for some reason. I MIGHT have even done decaf a couple mornings, as well, and if you are a decaf drinker you know that it can be VERY DIFFICULT to get a decent cup of decaf. Good luck. Oh...consider bringing your own beans and filters (and grinder if you do not like pre-ground). They have a small 4-pot brewers in the rooms. :)

Oh...side note: If you get a room that you do not like, do not be afriad to call as soon as you reach the room. We put in a request for certain blocks of rooms and were told that we might not get it (it was a "slow" season when we went). When we got there, DH asked againa nd they said that all of the rooms were already "taken". Our assigned room was in the boonies! It took us FOREVER to find it and it was extremely remote (3rd floor of the Casitas). As soon as we go to the room we called guest services and inquired about the rooms that we had originally requested. We went back to the front desk and they gave us a key to one of our requested rooms!! We were in Cabanas 9B and it was PERFECT ~ overlooking the lagoon and sand, and steps from the main building, main and local pools, and and right around the corner from bus stop #1 (it was almost always the last stop but still it was super close). It also sounded as though NO ONE was staying in our block of rooms!

Good luck and have a blast!! We cannot wait to go back!!!

ChefGirl
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
>rooms were already "taken". Our assigned room was in the
>boonies! It took us FOREVER to find it and it was extremely
>remote (3rd floor of the Casitas). As soon as we go to the
>room we called guest services and inquired about the rooms
>that we had originally requested. We went back to the front
>desk and they gave us a key to one of our requested rooms!!
>We were in Cabanas 9B and it was PERFECT ~

Is this Cabanas closer to the bus stop? How far is it to their convention center? DH has conference there. Thanks for the 411.

spanannie
05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
There were no Starbucks anywhere on property. I couldn't even find a latte anywhere except outside Animal Kingdom and in Contemporary, and they definitely weren't Starbucks quality. Plus, you couldn't ask for decaf, soy, nonfat, or any of those options. I was on withdrawls for days.

LaurelC
05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I really really hate to tell you this - because it is going to hurt. Not only is there no Starbucks, but for the most part, the resorts serve Nescafe. It is truly horrible.

There are some places where you can get real coffee - like the coffee bar at the Contemporary (not starbucks, but as a PP stated, drinkable.) At the Polynesian you can get kona coffee that is decent, and at the restaurant in the Animal Kingdom Lodge we had some special kind of coffee in a press pot that was quite good. But if you want to get one of those refillable mugs thinking you are going to use it for your coffee each morning - you will get Nescafe. Blech....

SASM
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
There are several bus stops throughout the resort. There are 4 stops ~ 1 at the main building and 1 each at the Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas. They are pretty spread out, though. The resort is pretty big and quite often I'd see little people movers (golf cart-like) on the paths. I do not know much about the stops for those though, as we were very close to everything major on the property. There are 4 Cabana buildings (8A, 8B, 9A and 9B) and 9B was the one that was closest to the main building/conference center. The Ranchos are the farthest away, on the opposite side of the property. The Casitas are on the other side of the conference center and, IMO, were quite confusing. They are 3 stories, possibly 4, and were like a maze trying to find the appropriate elevator, etc. QUITE FRUSTRATING!! Try like crazy to get a Cabana room ~ preferably in buildings 9B or 9A. If you have time, try to check out the 2007 version of the Unofficial Guide to WDW (ISBN: 0.471.79032.x) ~ page 169 tells you about what rooms to request for the Coronado. This book was a LIFESAVER in so many ways!!! :)

Have fun!!

ETA: If you are planning on doing Downtown Disney with the kids during an AM while DH is in conference, know that it is soooo difficult to get to a park from there. If you are planning on meeting at a park after he gets out, either leave there WAYYYYY ahead of your planned meeting time, meet back at Coronado, or meet at another hotel to grab lunch before heading to the park. As far as I am aware, you can ONLY head to hotels using the WDW bus lines ~ NO BUS LINES TO PARKS. There hopefully is a bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center hub that I missed (that would have made travelling in and out of DT Disney a lot easier) but I didn't see it. :( That AM was my only nightmare. I was literally crying like an insane woman trying to get from DTD to Animal Kingdom with a 2 and 4 yo. Very long story...I'll spare you the details. :)

ChefGirl
05-02-2007, 10:12 AM
>I was literally crying like an
>insane woman trying to get from DTD to Animal Kingdom with a 2
>and 4 yo. Very long story...I'll spare you the details. :)

Thank you so much for your input. We have two almost 2 and 4 yo as well. DH just switched our request of rooms to Cabana's. We'll see whether we get it. Thanks again for your help. I will post a full report once we are back.

hbridge
05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
This was years ago and Starbucks sold small packages. Just remember the whole filter issue. DH actually emptied the coffee out of the packages in the room and filled it with Starbucks.

writermama
09-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Yes, you can find Starbucks even at Disney World, but it may be considerably out of your way. Restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin hotels serve Starbucks coffee. As of April 2007, they only served the coffee in regular or decaf, no espresso or frappucino drinks.

Swan and Dolphin are operated by Sheraton, not Disney (and so are not obligated to serve the nasty, nasty nescafe -- would you believe that it comes in a liquid concentrate that they add water to, bleugh!) and are located near Disney's Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club hotels, between Epcot and MGM.