PDA

View Full Version : Going to Orlando but not in to the parks. Need help.

mtrattner
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
We are going to FL at the end of August for a family event but are thinking that DDs are too young for the parks so we will just stay somewhere fun for the vacation. We were thinking of doing a character meal and hanging out at the pool. So where do we stay and what else is there to do?

Thanks for your help.

Momof3Labs
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, it's up to you, but I bet that your older DD would just love the parks. Plus, she's still free at the parks and at buffet meals, so choose a buffet character meal. We took DS1 at 27mo and he had a blast!

You can also hit Downtown Disney, and visit some of the different WDW resorts (just tell the guard that you want to look around). Take a monorail ride - the Epcot loop is especially cool.

AddiesMom
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I second a Character Meal. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary doesn't require park admission and is free to kids under 3.

Also, not too young to go to Disney! I took DD at 9 weeks, 14 months and will be back at 26 months. My friend just took her 20 month old and she LOVED Magic Kingdom. Also Sea World has great shows (fyi, food is expensive there!)

kimbe
07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
I can't give any advice on what to do in Orlando because we only do Disney or Kennedy Space Center/Cocoa Beach when we go. However, we've taken DD at 14 months and at 22 months and she loved the parks both times and we had so much fun taking her. I would definitely take advantage of the fact that your DD is still free to take into the parks and free for buffets! You can't beat that. If anything, just go to the Magic Kingdom. If you do decide not to do the parks, I also suggest Chef Mickey's in the Contmeporary for Breakfast or Dinner. HTH!

Jacksonvol
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
remember that late August in Orlando is hot! Horribly hot. Melt into your car seat hot. and then there is the usual late afternoon storm that kind of cools things off, but it is still hot and steamy. the pools at Disney are great and you can get a pretty decent room on property. Your daughter would likely enjoy the parks & characters, but for air conditioned comfort my fave is EPCOT. Good character time inside as you leave "future world", fun displays with buttons to push at innoventions and Kid-cot stops all around the park where she can, color and paste "projects" all in cool comfort.

If you decide you want a non-park outside option, try Leu Gardens. Nice, lots of space for a young one to run, pretty plantings. But again, it will be hot.

Have fun and stay hydrated!