PDA

View Full Version : Advanced reservations???

SJ mom
07-19-2007, 10:06 PM
can anyone recommend things to do that require advanced reservations?
I know, I should get that "ultimate guide" book...

kimbe
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Not sure exactly what you are looking for..... but you should definitely make advanced reservations for any sit down dining/character meals that you are planning to do.

All of the tours that they do require advanced reservations. (Underground Tour, Lunch with an Imagineer, etc.) Post back if you are looking for more things like that.

egoldber
07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Depending on the age of your kids, there are also various themed cruises that require advance reservations. Those start at age 4.

SJ mom
07-20-2007, 10:08 PM
We have a 3.5 yr old. Do we have to make reservations for Chef mickey? What so you usually make reservations for? Thanks I am a novice at this...

egoldber
07-21-2007, 07:49 AM
You need to make reservations for ANY sit down meal at Disney and ESPECIALLY popular character meals like Chef Mickey. The days of being able to walk in to a Disney restaurant and get a table without a wait pretty much ended with the advent of the Disney Dining Plan.

You can make reservations up to 180 days in advance and I definitely would call very soon for any trip coming up within 180 days.

kimbe
07-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Totally agree with Beth -- and isn't it a little sad that it is so hard to eat somewhere! We try to call as early as possible to get reservations. AND if we don't get the reservations that we want DH keeps calling everyday and sometimes a few times a day to try to get the reservation --- usually up until the time we actually want to go to the meal. (Just in case someone cancels. If you read on www.disboards.com, people will actually post when they are cancelling so that other people can call and get their reservation --- it is crazy nowadays!) The staff a Chef Mickey's told us (in April) that the only chance you have at getting seated w/o a reservation is during first hour that it opens for breakfast.

There is a Pooh Character breakfast in the MK, a Donald and Friends Character Break. in AK, but you need park tickets to get to those.