PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character Experience

mtrattner
07-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Okay. We are thinking we are going to do one day at WDW and really want to do a character meal. We are thinking the Pooh one at Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom seems to have the most to offer DD1 but MGM has the Little Einsteins meal which she would just madly love. So what do we do?

Thanks

egoldber
07-24-2007, 08:18 PM
If you're only spending one day, I would definitely go to the Magic Kingdom. The Pooh meal is still one of my older DD's favs.

Just another thought. You could do breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickey's also. Its in the Contemporary hotel which is right outside the MK. You can literally walk there.

Tina9544
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
we have done Chef Mickey's twice and the kids LOVE it. We are also going to do the princess dining at the castle on dds bday this year. But my vote is Chef Mickeys. Fun, casual, not too expensive, good food and great characters. We did the breakfast both timmes.

xmasbabycomin
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with Chef Mickey's but some people love it. I haven't been since they made it an official character meal for dinner or lunch, but I think Cinderella's royal table is the ultimate MK dining experience. We also really loved Crystal Palace (aforementioned Pooh one). Good food, nice atmostphere, convenient location.

hbridge
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Since we couldn't get reservations at the Cinderella's caste, we did a character dinner at the Grand Floridian. The characters were Cinderella, Prince Charming and a few mice. It was perfect for my not quiet three year old DD. As we were leaving, we spent a few minutes alone with Sleeping Beauty. There was no one else around!

Since the Grand Floridian is on the Magic Kingdom monorail, it would be convenient.

Anyway, my DD LOVED it!

colleenfs
08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
We werer there in January for Julia's 5th birthday, and we did a lot of character meals. We were on the dining plan, so we took advantage of the character interactions. Here is what we did. My girls were newly 5 and 17.5 months old at the time.

Chef Mickey's for dinner to kick off our trip. We arrived that day @ 3pm, so we just leisurely checked out our resort, went over to the Contemporary for dinner, and then back to bed. We loved it! It was lots of fun, and buffets worked out really well for us with our picky eaters and food allergies. The girls wore their Gymboree Cherry Pie red polka dot twirl dresses to look like Minnie. :)

Crystal Palace - lunch (I think they serve all meals) buffet with Pooh and friends. Also fun, and again, a decent buffet.

Cinderella's Royal Table - we did lunch, but I think breakfast may be better. FYI - Cinderella is not present at dinner time. It was really magical and fun, but I'm not sure that the picky girls really enjoyed their food all that much. Cinderella remains downstairs to greet each guest for professional photos (included in the meal price, but not on Photopass.) We saw Belle in her town dress, Jasmine, Fairy Godmother, and Snow White. I know others are sometimes there, like Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel in her wedding gown.

1900 Park Fare Cinderella's Gala Feast at Grand Floridian. We did this as a dinner buffet on Julia's 5th birthday. We had a wonderful time, and the food was great! I also pre-arranged to have a birthday cake brought to our table. We met the Fairy Godmother, mice Suzy and Perla, who were CUTE with Emma, and Cinderella and Prince Charming. This was one of my favorites! If you don't want to spend the money on CRT, this was really very lovely.

Princess Storybook for Breakfast, Epcot. This was fun, but the food was just OK, and it was very busy. We saw Belle in her yellow gown as the hostess, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Snow White. This was our favorite character interaction, and the only time we saw Mulan (who was incredibly nice) and SB. They also serve lunch and dinner, but it's Norwegian food!

Playhouse Disney buffet at Hollywood and Vine, MGM. This is just breakfast and lunch, I think. We saw Leo and June from Little Einsteins and Jojo and Goliath. Emma loved this one, and even danced with Jojo! Very cute, and the food was really good. Great for your little ones.

Overall, if you are doing the dining plan, I think it's wise to do the character meals. You have to eat anyway, right? If you are not doing the dining plan, I recommed doing the breakfast buffets. They are cheaper and you get a ton of food, plus you can't really screw up breakfast food..

Have FUN!!!!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�