PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance do the package deals/bargains come out?

xmasbabycomin
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I know Disney sometimes has specials (such as free dining, cheaper packages, etc). I'm going in January and am trying to figure out when
the deals for then will be out? And I'd love to know what kind of specials to expect. (maybe what was out for last January?) I know it probably won't be free dining, but I'm thinking they'd have something since it's off season. Any clues?

Momof3Labs
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
This will help with dates:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

As far as amount of discount, it really varies and has been going down in the last year as WDW has been getting busier, even in value season. Free dining is usually only hurricane season, but you'll probably see a discount off of certain rooms (though may not be offered at all resorts).

AddiesMom
08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
You may also want to look into the Disney Visa card, 0% for a year and they offer special room rates at times.

egoldber
08-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Except for free dining, I think that most room deals are a little, but not a ton better than a basic AAA rate. We had an Annual Pass rate in April/May and it only saved us about $100 total on hotel for a week vs a AAA rate. This was at a moderate level WDW resort.

And with packages it always pays to price things out vs buying things separately. Even "free dining" is definitely not free.

colleenfs
08-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Either last year or the year before, there was some sort of upgrade in January. You could get park hoppers for the price of one day tickets.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�