PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Club

MissyAg94
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Is anyone here a member? We are seriously considering it and have been on the info tour. Pros? Cons? Anything we should know before making our decision? Thanks!

AddiesMom
08-20-2007, 05:07 AM
I don't own with DVC, but there are a ton of people who do on other boards. I would try MouseHouseMagic or Intercot.

Momof3Labs
08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
We've looked at it, but decided against it. The annual maintenance fees are (IMO) quite steep, and we figure that we'll want to vacation other places in addition to Disney as the kids get older.

You need to consider the type of accomodations you choose when you travel. If you usually stay value or moderate, then it probably isn't a good choice for you. If you always stay deluxe, then it might make sense for you.

momtoB
08-21-2007, 07:57 PM
We are DVC members and love it. I will admit though it's not for everyone. For instance if you don't think you're going to vacation at WDW on a regular basis then this might not be the timeshare for you. If you think you're going to go every year or even every other year, and you like the idea of staying on property in semi-deluxe vacation homes then this might be for you. I say "semi-deluxe" because like most time shares you don't get every day room freshening like you do w/a regular hotel room. We actually bought two contracts - the first direct thru Disney and the add-on thru the Timeshare Store reseller. Both buying experiences were good and each had its pros and cons. For instance, Disney often offers some special incentives thru buying direct you can't get elsewhere ie selling back half your first years points to discount your price. If you buy resell though sometimes you can save quite a bit that way, plus you can often benefit from the previous owners "banked" points that weren't used but may be about to expire.

Just some food for thought. I recommend doing a tour when at Disney - they were really NO PRESSURE when we were there. You can also go to the Disboards DVC forum and get lots of honest info there from DVC members

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

hth!

C & B, 4/03

MissyAg94
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone. We have decided to think about it for a few months before we buy. We would love to go to Disney every year but after we leave Florida next year, we have no idea where we will be living. So I'm not sure it's a great deal for us.

momtoB
08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
We live on the West coast so traveling to WDW can be expensive but at least our accomodations are paid for. :-) This is our destination of choice for the time being so it works for us. Definitely take your time to think about it. I'd also recommend looking at resale if you do decide to buy. The Timeshare Store (A "Dis" official sponsor) is a reputable dealer.

hth