PDA

View Full Version : Dream Fast Pass at Disneyland- just an FYI

SnuggleBuggles
08-22-2007, 04:49 PM
We were just at Disneyland and dh and ds won these awesome Fast Passes. They were just in the right place at the right time. They give them out a few times a day and the best time of day to try and get them is the morning, the first 2 hours or so. Look in parts of the park that aren't crowded. They got theirs' over by Autotopia (back near the train entrance) at 9:15am. I ran into them again a bit after that over in Critter Corner. The cast members are wearing dark pants, light blue shirts and they have messenger bags. They just appear, hand some out and move on pretty quickly.

The pass gives the rider one fast pass to redeem for each ride that takes a fast pass- to be used at any time during the day. That was the best part. It was just total freedom. If we were by a ride that they wanted to ride they could just redeem their fast pass. It got more important as the night wore on and FPs were gone or for really late times.

The pass was also awesome because it got them into California Adventureland and had Fast Passes for those rides too.

I wasn't with the boys when they got theirs' as I had run off to get them their next fast pass. The CM at Critter Corner didn't have any for me but said to go to City Hall, tell them where and when we got the other passes, and see what they could do. They don't like to separate families, he said. So, we tried that and I got a pass too!! Since I am pg it didn't help all that much in terms of Fast Pass but it was really nice to go over to the other park and do Soarin' over California. :)

I just wanted to share about the Dream Fast Pass in case you will be at Disneyland anytime soon. I don't know if they are doing it at WDW too. I think it may be a DL specific thing but I'm not really up on that stuff. It was just about the coolest thing ever. :)

Beth

momtoB
08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Glad you were able to get something cool. This sounds just like the Year of A Million Dreams promo that is going on at WDW right now (right down to the outfits your described). I didn't know they were doing it at DL, Cali too. I was actually a bit disappointed - we were at WDW in September, December and May and saw the YoaMD teams all over the place and people walking around with the special fast passes and hats but we were never picked to get anything. you'd think w/the amount of time we spent in the parks over the year we would have increased our chances of getting a freebie but no such luck! LOL

SASM
08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
We were at WDW in November and were given these passes, as well. Unfortunately, we had NO IDEA what to do with them so we wore them proudly but didn't figure out how they worked until later in the day (like idiots, we didn't say that we had the Dream FP, we just asked about Fast Passes to the ride employees). We ended up keeping two for souveniors and giving the other two to a father and son. :)

One word of advice, if you do score one of these passes, the little tabs are very fragile and may break off, so do not let a preschooler where it, or maybe you can take all of the tabs off and then just hand them to the ride attnedant as you redeem them. :)

OneOfEachHowSweet
08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
We'll be in D~Land towards the end of next month ~ I'll be on the lookout for those CM's ~ Thanks for the tip!

Shannon
DS 7
DD 4
D~Land Trip Sept. 24-27, Gramma's comin' with us!

Cristiana
08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Try not to get your hopes up too high though. Most of the time, the CMs are hiding out in ride exits and are not visible. If you go expecting to win something, you'll probably be disappointed. I am a passholder at Disneyland, and we've been probably about 20+ times in the past 3 months and have only won something once. Like Beth said, you really do have to be at the right place at the right time. :)

supercalifragilous
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for explaining that! We just got back from DL ourselves and I was just about to ask where you get those and how they work. Too bad the Finding Nemo ride is not a FP ride!!