PDA

View Full Version : If you have done a disney cruise...

gatorruth
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I wonder about night time. Both kids go to sleep around 7:30. I checked the disney cruise website and I don't think there is childcare available in the staterooms. So,,,, we're in this great boat and either dh or I are stuck in our room- and can't go out and have fun...

not sure I want to do this... can anyone tell me why we should??

Thanks!

Tondi G
09-03-2007, 11:52 PM
No, There is no in-stateroom babysitting!

Can you get the grandparents to come along? Maybe you could trade off a few nights!

Do your kids have total meltdowns if you let them stay up later than usual??

Any Chance they would sleep in a stroller for you so you could watch a show?

I believe Royal Carribean offers in room babysitting.... maybe check them out instead!

here is what their site said

Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be booked through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance.

It cannot be booked prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered when personnel is available.

If you decide to take a Disney Cruise then maybe only do the 3 night cruise. Book a balcony cabin so that when the kids are asleep you and DH have somewhere to go for some mellow adult time. Or like you said... one night you go to a show, the next night let Dh go and maybe one night stay in together OR keep the kids up to enjoy the evening entertainment!

Good Luck
~Tondi