PDA

View Full Version : What are the best dining plan restaurants for families with infants?

luvsviola
09-08-2007, 04:34 PM
DD will be 9 months when we go. Before, I've gone with school groups and my honeymoon. I never paid attention to high chairs or stroller accessibility. We just stopped and ate when we felt like it. But now you need reservations and that complicates things.

We are going on a Wednesday to Sunday in October. It is DH, DD, and I. What would you reserve? What time is best for dinner? Lunch? This is driving me nuts!

Momof3Labs
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
High chairs are plentiful at Disney World - it *is* Disney, after all. Strollers, however, can rarely be brought into a table service restaurant. They get parked outside instead.

Are you looking for character meals? Buffets or order-off-of-the-menu? Have you looked at the menus on allearsnet.com to see what appeals to you?

As far as times, you kind of have to take what is available, especially this late in the game. Besides, best times depend on whether your baby is an early bird or night owl, among other things.

BeachBum
09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree that it is really hard needing reservations! When DS is having a laid back day, I'd love to be able to make a decision about fine dining then.
I think the signature restaurants are places that are much more geared for adults. But kids are welcomed anywhere else.
But high chairs/boosters have been available everywhere we've been.

We usually do counter service lunch--so we don't make a ressie. For dinner I think it depends on your child's bedtime and what else you have going on that day. We usually try to eat as close to our normal time as possible.

egoldber
09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Your infant is welcome (with only one or two exceptions) at any restaurant in WDW. You definitely need to call ASAP and will probably just need to take whatever is available.

Your DD is probably too young to appreciate character meals, so you may want to avoid them while you can, unless you and your DH want to go. :) Characters will come to your table and interact with your infant, but probably only briefly.

Some of our favs that are less popular are the SciFi Dine-in Theater (MGM) and the Garden Grille (Epcot, low key character meal with good availability).

And the whole having to plan all your dining in advance is why I don't really care for the dining plan. It makes me feel too structured. Left to our own devices we would prefer to eat breakfast in the room, and counter service for most other meals with a couple character meals and even an off-site meal here and there.

luvsviola
09-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I made the reservations today. We are eating at the Crystal Palace for the character dinner, the Moroccan place at Epcot because DH likes it, and Tonys and Planet Hollywood becasue the other places we wanted were either booked up or only available after 8:00 pm, which is too late for DD. I was able to get reservations for between 5 and 6:00 for all of these places.

FYI--Coral Reef, and the Canadian Steakhouse book up really early.

egoldber
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
If you really want Coral Reef or Le Cellier, just keep calling. People cancel all the time. It just takes time and persistence. I have always managed to get any reservation I wanted (including the Cinderalla meal) by calling every single day. Even call while you are there. The day before there are often a lot of cancellations.

AddiesMom
09-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Also, if it is lousy weather that day there may be a lot of no-shows and cancellations!