PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the Family Magic tour at the MK?

billysmommy
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I was reading about this in one of the books and it sounds like it's right up Billy's alley.

It's a 2 hour (10-12) scavenger hunt through the park (Billy LOVES scavenger hunts ~ he is always begging me to make one for him :) ) There is a theme to it ~ the book says that right now it's Peter Pan (his favorite character!!!) Capt Hook's best hook is missing and you have to help Peter Pan find the hook or Capt Hook will capture DisneyWorld. You do all sorts of things throughout the park ~ skipping, hopping, walking sideways, etc. There only 18 people on the hunt and at the end the character who it is about comes to meet everyone. So if it's Peter Pan he comes to thank you and then is your tourguide on the Peter Pan Flight ride.

It sounds wonderful and we're thinking about doing it ~ has anyone done this and how was it?

momtoB
09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I haven't done it but I just thought I'd point you in the direction of the reviews on allearsnet.com.
here is a link to the Family Magic tour reviews:

http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=240&cat=66

hth!

Momof3Labs
09-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Honestly, I don't think I'd do it with a preschooler. I can't imagine trying to convince him to walk sideways through the MK past all of his favorite rides, the characters, etc. My oldest DS is a little older than Billy and might be able to stay with it for a little while, but I doubt 2 hours.

egoldber
09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I've read its better for older kids. They do a TON of walking in 2 hours. I think this would wipe them out for the day plus I'm not sure they'd get a whole lot out of it.