PDA

View Full Version : Stupid stupid question...when to go???

sharbev
09-22-2007, 10:44 PM
My boys are 2 and 4. My DH and I were married at the Grand Floridian Marina and I'm craving Disney fix. Our anniversary is in March (usually during spring break) so not only is it expensive, it's totally crowded.

I know this is a stupid questions probably asked a thousand times, but when is the best time to go as far as affordability and waiting times in parks (primarily Magic Kingdom)?

I know the answer is NEVER, but humor me. LOL

Thanks ~ shari

egoldber
09-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Any time is doable as long as you get to the park gates about 10 minutes BEFORE opening, plan your day somewhat wisely and use the FastPasses.

My fav times are January, early February, early November, and early December. The first two weeks of March is a pleasant time to go with usually lower crowd levels. This year we went the very end of April and beginning of May. It was a little warm, but not too bad and low crowd levels. I think as long as you avoid the height of spring break season and Christmas/New Year weeks, you should be fine. :)

sharbev
09-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks soooo much! I'm hoping to take DH by surprise and plan a trip in early Dec...therefore not giving him much notice or time to argue with me about reasons why we can't go. LOL

Thanks again!
~ shari

sharbev
09-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks soooo much! I'm hoping to take DH by surprise and plan a trip in early Dec...therefore not giving him much notice or time to argue with me about reasons why we can't go. LOL

Thanks again!
~ shari

Momof3Labs
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Go to www.mousesavers.com - they will list the different "seasons" at WDW. The cheapest seasons are typically the lowest crowds. We like early December, too.

daisy1234
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
The dis boards are awesome for info lik ethis and also have heard great raves about tour guide mike!

daisy1234
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
The dis boards are awesome for info lik ethis and also have heard great raves about tour guide mike!

AddiesMom
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
We go in Jan to avoid the crowds. Also early Dec is awesome, not crowded and decorated for Christmas.

Sept is also good, since kids are back in school they tend to run the 'free dining' promotion if you stay in the park with passes.

PS- order the free Disney planning video, it's great to watch when you need a 'fix!'