PDA

View Full Version : Silly Disney Ques - Strollers...

junebaby07
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
So we are going to Disney in Nov. with our 5 month old. We are bringing a stroller with us...Will we need to lock it outside of restaurants or check it? We are getting a brand new stroller for traveling, so I am sensitive to not mixing it up with someone else's....

MissyAg94
09-24-2007, 12:32 PM
We just leave ours outside when we go eat or on rides, etc. We don't lock it up. There will be alot of places where you can't take a stroller and I'm not even sure how you would lock it up.

egoldber
09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
There is no way to check it. Outside all the sit down restaurants and rides are huge stroller parking areas. Your stroller is VERY VERY unlikely to be stolen. Theives are looking for things on your stroller, not the stroller itself. They want small items of high value: cameras, video cameras, wallets, etc. In a dozen trips to Disney I have never had a stroller messed with. The employees DO rearrange the strollers constantly to make room for new ones. So your stroller may not be exactly where you left it.

Momof3Labs
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Tie some bright curly ribbon or a bright bandana to the handle of your stroller to make it easier to recognize. It's highly unlikely that anyone will steal the stroller itself, but if it is a common model or color, someone could grab it by accident. The ribbon makes it easier to catch such a mistake quickly. I also like to keep a luggage tag with our last name and a cell phone number attached to the frame where it isn't easily seen, but still there to identify it as ours.

DDowning
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
>The employees DO rearrange the strollers constantly to make room for new ones. So your stroller may not be exactly where you left it.

We just got back this week from a visit to WDW. It was our first visit ever and we had our two Mac Volo's with us. It was the most frustrating thing ever to have to locate the strollers each and every time because of the relocation. DH and I started to refer to the Castmembers as stroller nazis. What was especially infuriating is that we would park them in the designated stroller parking and take the time to make sure the stroller was protected from the periodic rainshowers that were passing through only to find it relocated with all of the plastic tarps removed or thrown on the ground! :( Of course its pouring rain at this time. We then had to fight with two very ticked off DC to make them sit in wet seats. :( Fortunately it was still very humid/hot and the seats dried quickly, but still, I don't blame them for not wanting to sit in a wet spot either. I just wish the CM's would leave them where we left them!

egoldber
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately, many times they can't leave them there because they have to make room for more strollers. Especially on rainy days, some indoor/covered attractions become very, very crowded, which means lots of strollers to park.

Also, for some rides/attractions, they move them from the entrance to the exit (the Safari ride in AK comes to mind and maybe the Pooh ride in the MK), making it actually more convenient to get your stroller. Of course, this can all be confusing if you're not used to it.

One solution is to park your stroller in one central location and leave it there while you visit multiple attractions. We do this in the MK in particular. In Fantasyland we like to park right next to the Carrousel, in Tomorrowland we park next to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and in Adventureland we park outside the Tiki Birds.

I've experienced the same thing with rain protection being askew, but I've always assumed it was from the wind. I've never had a problem when I have used a stroller rain shield that actually attached to the stroller itself, only when I've tried something a bit more makeshift. ;)

DDowning
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh certainly understand the difference and reasoning just though it was very annoying to say the least, especially when I thought I was leaving it in a central location to begin with. I live very near DL and go into the park all the time. My stroller is always where I leave it and I've never had it moved. That's why it struck me so odd when we were at WDW. For what it was worth, we did have the stroller rain shield attached and it was still trashed. :(