PDA

View Full Version : Best age for Disney?????

daisy1234
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I am sure this has been asked before....My two are 2 and 5....I would love to go but many are saying wait until they are 4 and 7 so that they both have memories. Opinions????

I basically want to just get away as a family! :)

Momof3Labs
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
They will both enjoy it now. Is this a once in a lifetime trip or will you go again in a few years? If once in a lifetime, then wait another 4-ish years. If you will go again, then go ahead and plan a trip now - Disney is great for all ages!

egoldber
10-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I would agree with this. If you will only go once when they are young, then I would wait 2-4 more years. If you'll go back at least one more time, I'd go now. They will both have a great time. I think the prime age for small children is actually around 4 or 4 1/2. They are old enough to really get all the characters and attraction and still young enough to belive in all the magic. When we went in the spring, it was a little sad for me that Sarah, then 5 3/4, no longer believed that all the princesses in the park were the "real" princesses. She did the time we went before that. She still had a good time though. :)

FWIW, my older DD, who has been many, many times, remembers experiences, but does not remember particular events we attended when she was 4 and younger.

daisy1234
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
That is what I am after...at least some magic for my 5 year old! I went when I was ten....I had fun but I have to say...it was just like any other vacation...but Now as an adult....It is magical to me I love disney and I am sure we will go a few times! ...at least I hope!

Tondi G
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I would go now! We have annual passes to Disneyland and my now 2 year old LOVES it. After our last trip to D-land he was asking to go back DAILY for a week! 2 and 5 are great ages for Disney!

I've never been to Disneyworld and neither has my DH. We are holding off till our little guy is 3 so we can take a D-world/disney cruise vacation!

dhano923
10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
We are going in December with a 4 YO and a 2 YO. It's our 10th anniversary and we decided to do a no-holds barred family vacation. We'll go again in a 2-3 years but I want my 4 YO to experience some Disney Magic before he gets too old to believe all of it.