PDA

View Full Version : Best mod for kids????

daisy1234
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
I think the mod hotels will best meet our needs...but which one? anyone have opinions? Thanks!

Momof3Labs
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
All are very nice. POFQ is the most compact. POR and POFQ offer a boat ride to Downtown Disney, which is fun for the kids. I'd pick one of those two, but you couldn't go wrong with CBR or CSR (with a good location - closer to the main building) either.

klwa
10-03-2007, 05:45 AM
We're staying at POFQ in January with 3 little ones. DSIL thought that would be best, since it's the smallest.
-Kris

egoldber
10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
POFQ, no doubt. Very compact and a very user friendly food court.

The other mods are too spread out IMO unless you luck out and get a good building locations. We did not when we stayed at CSR in the spring and it was a LONG walk to get to the food court, so we seldom used it.

jse107
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
We just got back 3 weeks ago from a 5 day trip with our 3 year-old. We stayed at CSR and thought it was wonderful. While it is very large, we requested (and were granted) a room in Cabanas 9. It was the closest to the main building and to a bus stop. The view was lovely and the pool was excellent (it's got a great waterslide). Initially, I had planned on booking POFQ or POR, but they were booked. I was really pleased with CSR and would definately stay there again.

Although it was spread out, CSR doesn't share it's buses with any other resort, so very rarely were the buses crowded. That was a realy plus after a long morning with a tired kid (and pregnant mom!) who needs a nap. POFQ and POR both share their buses, and the lines were often very long with standing room only.

I don't think you'll be unhappy whichever you choose! Try disboards.com for more veteran info!

pixiepoo
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I would not recommend CBR. The wait for the buses sometimes was crazy, especially around the times parks close. CBR is such a huge resort with so many guests we would sometimes have to wait in line for 4 or 5 buses to be loaded (all going to CBR) before we could get on. At the end of a long day at the park thats the last thing you want to do. We traveled with a 3 & 6 year old!

Tondi G
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
What do the abreviations stand for?

Momof3Labs
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
CBR = Caribbean Beach Resort
CSR = Coronado Springs Resort
POR = Port Orleans Riverside
POFQ = Port Orleans French Quarter

momathome
10-07-2007, 08:57 AM
We stayed at POFQ with our 3 girls in February and loved it - the atmosphere is pleasant, the room was more spacious then I expected for a moderate, the food court was decent, there was a nice little playground, and the pool was incredible, one of the nicest in Disney. While they do share buses with POR, they pick up at POFQ first so we never had a problem getting seats. The girls loved the ferry ride to Downtown Disney - this proved to be very convenient. I would definitely stay there again, I thought it had an amazing amount of ammenities for the price. :)