PDA

View Full Version : Would your bring a carseat to Disney for your 8 month old who does not have her own seat on the airplane?

luvsviola
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Updated: I called the airline to buy DD a ticket and there are no seats on ANY of our flights available. So would you still bring a seat?

When you book on the website, there is no option to buy a seat for an infant. So, DD will be a lap baby. We are taking Disney transportation in Florida. I bought a Baby B'air, but am having second thoughts on not bringing her marathon in case we need it in Florida. However, I don't want to check it and risk something happening to it, either. I have seen how that luggage is handled and don't feel safe using a seat after it has been checked (and possibly drop-kicked or thrown).

WWYD?

If you would bring it and then check it, how do you protect it from the suitcase throwers? We are already gate-checking our stroller.

Momof3Labs
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Most airlines don't offer infant seats for purchase - you just buy an adult seat for them.

Anyways, since I prefer to have babies in car seats on the plane, I'd bring her seat along and hope for an empty. If you don't want to bring her Marathon, pick up a Cosco Scenera (5pt, not overhead shield) for $40 and bring that instead.

MaddiesMommy
10-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I would definitely bring a carseat. Having your dd in a carseat will be much safer for her and also probably make for a better flight for you. I'm pretty sure you can gate check a stroller and a carseat if you need to. Like the pp said, if you don't want to bring the marathon, the cosco scenera is a great alternative. The one I got came in a clear vinyl case w/ a carry handle that you can use if you need to gate check it. You can find it at Walmart.

HTH!

Janine

MaddiesMommy
10-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I probably wouldn't bring it then. When are you going? Hope you have a great time!

luvsviola
10-10-2007, 11:12 AM
We leave a week from today. I decided not to take it. BIL and SIL live in Orlando and work at Disney, so worst case scenario, they can go to Target or Wal-Mart and buy me a seat in an emergency. Any more emergency than that will require an ambulance anyway. I just feel irresponsible not taking it. But I'm going to have to get over it.