PDA

View Full Version : Park hopper- yeah or nay?

thomma
10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
We're going to DW the first week of March. We're getting 5 day passes. Ds and dd will be almost 5 when we go. Do you think we'll need to/want to park hop? It would be approx.$200 extra. FWIW we don't have to pay for lodging...we're staying in a resort off site with the inlaws.

tia-
Kim
ds&dd 5/03

egoldber
10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Well, we always park hop. But other people never do and don't miss it. I just love the flexibility of being able to get a chnage of scenery and change of pace from the morning to the evening. The MK is a great example. I have a hard time spending all day in the MK. Its just so loud and so stimulating and so overwhelming. I think its better to break it up into smaller chunks. I just enjoy it more that way. But other people don't have this issue.

luvsviola
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Yes, you want it. We like to go multiple places in one day.

Momof3Labs
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
We love having park hoppers. If a park gets crowded, you can leave and go somewhere else. You can jump to Epcot for dinner (so many food choices there vs. other parks) and the evening fireworks.

That said, you can wait to add the park hopper option until you actually want to use it. That is, buy your tickets without it, and if you decide you want to hop one day, go add the park hopper option to your tickets right then and there.

mnosky1
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
We never park hop and don't miss it. The advantage is is if you want to hit day at one park and the hop to a park that is open later. But for DD4, that is too much in one day. So on the Animal Kingdom day, the park closes at 5 and that was our lighter day rather than trying to run to another park for later. Hopping midday wastes too much time IMHO.
Michelle

tarabenet
10-30-2007, 10:11 PM
We've done it both ways, and not having it was no big deal for us. Our first two trips we hopped, our most recent we didn't. Not hopping might involve a little more planning ahead, but hopping takes time away from the parks. And if you are hopping to get to a meal, with a hungry child? No fun. I'd go with Lori's option! Try without the Hop option, and add it later if you really wish for it.

Momof3Labs
10-31-2007, 08:25 AM
We usually take a mid-day break with the kids and go back to the hotel to rest, so hopping for us is no big deal and doesn't take time away from the parks. Given the OP's kids' ages, they may or may not need that mid-day break - thus my wait-and-see suggestion.

thomma
11-02-2007, 07:10 PM
We're not going with parkhopper passes (thanks Lori for the tip about getting them later). Instead we're going to get 6 day passes...there's a long winded explanation behind the decision that I will not bore you with. :) Bottom line, it's our first trip down with the kids and eliminating the parkhopping makes my head spin less.

thank you for the tips-

Kim
ds&dd 5/03