PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain pin trading to me?

jess_g
10-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I jusnt want the basics of how it works and how you get started? It seams like a fun idea for the kids. And is there any other similar Disney tradions I should know about? Our trip is in 1 month from today and I am getting nerveous about it already.

Thanks,

Jessica.

momtoB
10-28-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/mil_pin.htm

that explains it better than I can.

I also know that some cast members have certain color lanyards and it depends on what color it is who they will trade with...ie pins on a green lanyard can only be traded with children.

hth!

egoldber
10-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I've avoided pin trading with Sarah. I think its better for older kids (as in 8+) who really "get" that the trade is permanent. Just based on some trading of collector cards that she has done with kids at school and camp, I know she doesn't get that concept even at age 6. She is still upset about some Pokemon cards she traded away during summer camp!

luvmypeanut
10-29-2007, 02:08 PM
We don't do pin trading either because I think the kids are too young. I'm saving the pins that I've received from promotions for later.

My dd loves to get autographs and pictures. I buy her an autograph picture book each trip and we're on the lookout for characters to sign. Mostly we get them done at the character meals but we always stumble upon a few in Main St, as well as Ariel's Shell and Pooh Corner (I'm talking DL in CA). I find that asking for an autograph also prolongs the interaction, especially among the speaking characters. When we get home, I print out the picture of her and the character that corresponds to the autograph and she gets to relive her trip.

Have a great time! We just got back but are going again after Thanksgiving. I had to beg DH to go for the Christmas decorations!

tarabenet
10-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I talked to some of the parents around us on our last trip. Most of them said their kids were into acquiring pins, but not so keen on trading them. If you allow a child to choose a few special pins, he isn't likely to want to give them away, right? But there's nothing wrong with collecting just for the sake of collecting the ones your kids love.

Momof3Labs
10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
We aren't going there on this trip. If your kids are young enough, I don't think you need to either.