PDA

View Full Version : Off Property, where do you recommend?

KrystalS
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Well still in my quest to find a hotel, Shades of Green is booked and I just don't want to pay the price to stay at another resort on property. I was already enticed by the discounts we get at Shades of Green so I really want something in that price range. So now I'm looking at off property hotels, very overwhelming! I bought the unofficial guide and it is very informative but I still want other opinions. I definitely want to stay close to Disney, very close, I don't want driving time to cut into our park time.
We're going mid january, if that makes a difference.

mnosky1
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I swear I posted a lengthy response before but don't see it - so here is the more condensed version. Having done both on and off property - I highly endorse house rental off-site. It gives you more flexibility for kids nap and bedtimes. After a day at the park do I wnat to have a drink in hot tub with DH while DD sleeps upstatirs in her Princess bed or sit in dark in bed next to her and maybe read a magazine if enough light or watch TV on mute? We've gon ehtorugh vacation rentals by owner for several trips and always had a great experience www.vrbo.org There are a ton of kissimee properties. Formosa Gardens and Windsor Hills are 2 developments we satyed at that are relaly convenient to all parks. You can get a nicer and cheaper property with a bigger group (400-500 week in Fall for us) but can get similar rates for condos (community pool only) or townhouses (small private pool as well). Good luck!
Michelle

AddiesMom
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I have never stayed here but I know people like it, the Sheraton Safari. It is a few minutes drive, right outside of the Downtown Disney entrance to the property.