PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE:Character Dining

KrystalS
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
First off is it worth it? Which character meal is the best? Which meal is the best? DD likes princesses but is not that into them, I think she would like a Mickey meal better.

UPDATE: Ok I booked a lunch at Cinderellas Castle(after I booked dinner, then I read in the guide book only Fairy Godmother is there! They should tell you this on the phone)
I also did the Liberty Tree Tavern since it has several other characters.
I'm really trying to avoid having to do lots of character greetings during park time, I know DD is going to want the autographs so I don't want to spend hours standing in line at Toon Town. Is this a good strategy?

Momof3Labs
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM
IMO it is worth it, but my kids love the characters. Some kids don't. My favorite Mickey meal is at Garden Grill in Epcot. Chef Mickey's is quite popular, too, but we didn't like the food as well.

Be sure to make reservations well in advance (like NOW if you are still going in January); you'll be surprised at how much they are already booked up!

egoldber
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Well, we adore them and have been to most of them. I agree that you need to book now for January.

Our favorite Mickey meal is probably Chef Mickey, but the Garden Grille is nice too. CM is a buffet and GG is served "family style" to your table which is nice. Mickey can also be found at O'Hana's in the Polynesian hotel for breakfast.

If she likes Minnie, the Cape May Cafe (at the Beach Club Hotel) does a fun buffet breakfast. Also, for dinner The Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom has a character dinner with Minnie and friends in Colonial Gear. Its pretty fun and is served family style. Mickey is not at those meals, just Minnie and typically Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale.

Another really fun one is the breakfast at the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter and also Pooh and Tigger.

Also, here's the thing about the princesses. If your DD will want to get their autographs, doing a princess character meal can save you a TON of time waiting in line. A TON of time. So just something to think about.

KrystalS
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I know that DD is going to want the autographs. Which princess meal do you recommend? DD has been looked through the Disney book and she is getting more excited about the princesses. I hate to do a Mickey only meal because I think she would enjoy something with more characters. Plus I'm sure we will see Mickey a lot throughout the park.

egoldber
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Avoiding the lines in ToonTown is a GOOD plan! Those lines can be very, very long. The exception to that is actually Mickey. Toon Town is a great place to see Mickey because 1) its just him in the room and 2) there are LOTS of him (all skillfully hidden from little eyes) so the line for Mickey along moves very, very fast. The three lines in the Judge's Tent move verrrryyyy slowly because there are several characters per room. And the princess line is especially slow because the face characters spend a lot more time with the kids. And heaven forbid if its raining that day!

Another good place to catch just Mickey is in MGM.