PDA

View Full Version : Disney World at holiday time - what not to miss?

Alys the Cat
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I've been to WDW before, but never during the holidays. We're going in early December, and so far have booked tix for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. What else should I make sure we see? We have park hoppers, so going from park to park is not a problem.

Thanks!

bnme
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Osborne (sp) Lights at MGM.

At Epcot the countries have their traditional Santa. Pics with Santa at USA. Candle Light Processional (I have never done this but many people love it).

The hotels are all beautifully decorated. Many (Grand Floridian, Boardwalk) have giant gingerbread house type displays. Neat to check out if you are near.

At the Xmas party be sure to look for your favorite characters decked out in holiday attire.

I am leaving on Sunday and can't wait!!

cindys
11-27-2007, 11:53 AM
We just got back from Disney and dont miss the Osborne Lights @ MGM..They are awesome!!

Last year we stood and watched The Candlelight Processional @ Epcot and it was really beautiful but personally I wouldnt pay for a seat when you can stand right there and watch it for free..

The pictures with Santa and Mrs Claus are really cute and they do a great job..We had the photo pass and let them take some pictures and then we went on-line and looked and ordered what we liked.

The Christmas storytelling from different countries is nice if you like that kind of stuff but I found it boring..

But, the parks area all decorated beautifully especially Magic Kingdom....

Have fun!!

Cindy