PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place Advice?

dd_ani
04-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Dh and I have been really excited about actually going to Sesame Place since we first found out about it last year. (DH has always had a thing for Cookie Monster!:)) And we think DD, Elmo fan that she is, will have a good time too. So, since this will be the big family vacation this year, we are trying to plan ahead. We would like to go sometime when it isn't too crowded or too hot. But we want DD, who is now 13 months old, to be able to enjoy it as much as possible, which may mean waiting until later in the summer.

We are planning to drive from Ohio and plan to stay about a week in the area to see Bucks County and Philadelphia as well.

So, for those of you experienced Sesame Place folks, when do you recommend that we go? Where should we stay? Are there other must-see attractions? Is two days plenty at the park? Any important tips?

We are seriously considering near/over labor day weekend. Is that a decent time or are we insane to even be considering going then?

Thanks,

Michelle

joestein
05-27-2003, 02:01 PM
I can tell you where not to stay. Don't stay at the Radisson Valley Forge, which is about 15 - 20 mins away from Sesame Place. My wife and I just spent two nights there and the hotel was the pits.

Mommyof2
05-29-2003, 09:44 AM
We went to Sesame Place last Summer with our 23 month old son. He had the best time. Just seeing his face light up the first time he saw Elmo was worth every penny. We are actually planning to go back this Summer (In-laws live 1.5 hours away).

We stayed in the Hammpton Inn. It was family friendly and very clean. We went the last week in August. The weather was unseasonably cool, so the park was not very crowded at all. We could get into most of the shows without waiting. I think the schools start before Labor Day is the area so going during the week might always be a little quiter at the end of August. We bought the passport ticket at the hotel - which had a discounted rate and we got 2 days for the price of one. Two days is definitely enough time. I would also recommed the Phil. zoo and the "Please Touch It" Museum.