PDA

View Full Version : Florida - Anyone been to Seaside, Marco Island, or Amelia Island

4S Ranch
06-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Has anyone been to Seaside, Marco Island or Amelia Island in Florida? We're hoping to take a vacation at the end of the summer with our 3 year old and then 5 month old.

A friend told me about Seaside, and from what I gather it's very expensive with only vacation rentals. Are there any hotels there? We'll probably end up using some Marriott points for either Marco Island or Amelia Island.

Does anyone know anything about these places? Which is the better beach for kids? Is late August too close to hurrican season?

Shelly

emmiem
06-17-2003, 01:44 PM
We loved Amelia Island. We stayed at the Plantation which is quite expensive but the resort is beautiful. The beach was great. We went in July. Hurricane season is from June thru November so there is no guarantee when you go.

bethany1023
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Have been to Seaside - indeed beautiful but pricey. Worth a day trip to meander around as it truly is a lovely planned community. Nice shops, and used to have a little ice cream place that was excellent. Rentals were way out of our range and I don't remember a hotel.