PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Europe--Help!!

Samsmama
09-10-2003, 06:21 PM
I am going to Europe in a week with our 17 month old. I am really stressed, because he doesn't sleep well in the same room as us and I don't think we'll have much choice!! He also has a milk allergy and I don't even know if I can get soy milk there!! Any advice?? WE are visiting family in Germany for 4-6 days, then on our own for 8. I am looking for all the advice I can get!

Thanks!!

Sams Mama

egoldber
09-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Where are you staying? If you are staying in a hotel room, then you may not be able to have him in a separate room. That is one of the real downsides of travel in my opinion. No one seems to sleep very well. The upside it, during the day my DD is usually so busy that she doesn't seem to notice how tired she is!

There is a regular poster on the Baby Bargains board who lives in Berlin. She will probably have very specific advice for you. You may want to send her an e-mail or a Private message. Her user name is "newbelly2002".

HTH,

joelbra
09-20-2003, 11:40 AM
We've been to Europe twice with our Rice Milk-only son who is now 2.25 years old. In fact, we're leaving Monday for his third trip, this one with his 6 month old brother.

I've found that you can get Soy Milk in a surprising number of places, though Rice Milk is harder to find.

If you don't have luck in the regular stores ask around for a health food store or a similar store for people with special diets. Europeans generally don't go for the health food stuff, but in every country I've been to there is a very loyal minority who are very serious about vegetarian or vegan diets and there are always small stores that cater to these people.

Just to make it stretch, I always water the rice or soy milk down.