PDA

View Full Version : Hotel recommendations needed for short trip to NYC

MimiSirois
02-28-2004, 02:07 PM
My husband and I want to take our 2 girls (ages 11 & 19 months) to NYC over spring break for a 3 days/2 nights trip -- mainly to do the Bronx Zoo & Statue of Liberty. We live about 2+ hours north of the city & plan on driving, leaving our car at the hotel and doing public transportation while there.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should stay so that we're conveniently accessible to both the zoo & the Statue of Liberty,preferably someplace that is kid-friendly, maybe even with a pool?

Money is a factor, of course, but I tend to need to stay in nicer hotels where the bedding is washed more frequently because of my airborne allergies. When Grandpa has treated us, we've found, unfortunately, that the more expensive hotel, the better mommy feels (e.g., Four Seasons) and we all know how important it is for mommy to feel good! But since we are driving, I can bring my own bedding if necessary. I just don't want to have to do that since we have enough to worry about. In other words, we're willing to splurge a little.

TIA!!!
Michele

happynewmom
03-02-2004, 03:47 PM
I would bag staying near either and stay at the Plaza hotel. It is across the streat from Central Park and right next to the children's zoo, playgrounds and carousel, all in fun filled for kids central park.
you can take a subway down to the statue and to the zoo as well. Very easy! No pool, but not what you go to NYC for really. So much to do, museums, etc.