PDA

View Full Version : Ideas of what to do in the LA area?

cdlamis
06-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I posted this in the baby Lounge too.
We are going to the LA area with Julia for 3 days starting on Thursday. besides the obviuos (Disney and the beach), what else is there to do with a 2 year old?
Any ideas? Thanks!
What is the best area to stay? Hollywood?
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And baby #2 EDD 12-30-04!!

jadamom
04-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Sorry so late in chiming in. We are planning a visit to LA soon. How about Knott's Berry Farm or Legoland? There is also a children's museum in La Habra in Orange County. LA is huge and there is tons of traffic. It takes an hour to get anywhere. Be sure to use the carpool lane on the left if you have more than 1 person in the car. I would stay closest to the areas you are visiting.

jadamom
05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to give an update on our trip. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park. Very nice. For about $100, we got a suite with a living area, separate bedroom with 2 dbl beds, 3 sink areas, 2 TVs, bathroom, microwave, fridge, pool, and free breakfast. Crib was old-fashioned but worked fine. We mostly visited relatives and friends, but did go to Laguna beach, where they had a playground right on the beach, although even in May it was still cold and windy that day. We also went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was cute and we enjoyed it, but it's not that great a value for the price if you're only going for your preschooler and don't ride the rollercoasters. It was $45 per adult and $15 per child 3 and over. We paid $35 per adult online. Camp Snoopy was fun for my 3-yr-old. There were almost no lines and she could do most of the rides either with us or alone, but my infant couldn't do anything but the train and the merry-go-round. I remember when we went to Disney World that infants could go on many more of the rides, so maybe Disneyland would have been a better choice for us, although $53 per adult and $43 per child is pretty steep. Anyway, hope this helps.

genlisaann
06-10-2005, 03:49 AM
I wish I had seen your post before your trip. A great place for little ones (ages 1.5 to 6) is Adventure City. It's about 2 miles south of Knott's Berry Farm, and the rides are perfect for kids this age, not too scary. Adults can ride with the kids on almost everything, and because the park is not that big, you don't get tired just from walking around. The longest we've ever waited in line is 15 minutes, even on a busy weekend. Admission is cheap: 12.95 for adults and kids over the age of 1, but they have a AAA discount good for a few dollars off. We started taking our son when he began to walk, and he still loves to go (he's 3.5 now). The food is pretty decent (they offer a veggie tray and fruit plate, besides the usual hot dogs, pizza, and chicken nuggets) and the prices are reasonable. Here's their website for more info: http://www.adventurecity.com/
Maybe for your next trip to LA?