PDA

View Full Version : Some travel tips....our recent trip was a success!

Lucia
07-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Hi all,
My DS and I just returned from seven weeks of traveling (from Japan to Louisiana, North Carolina, Florida,California and back to Japan) and we are both very happy to be back home! We had a great time visiting family and friends (most of whom had not seen my son since he was two months old). I was very nervous about doing so much travel by myself with a very active toddler, but thanks to all of the advice and encouragement from others on this board it went suprisingly well. I just thought I would share some of the things that made all of the travel time (in both car and airplane)easier.

-a magnet board with animal magnets and a couple of magnets I made using family photos (head shots of individual family members) and glued them on baby food jar caps

-dental floss....kept him very entertained by opening and closing the top and ofcourse pulling out yards of floss which I just threw away. Plus it is cheap, small and lightweight.

-a sticker book and colorforms books

-toys that light up (small ball that lights up when hit, small flash light)

-portable dvd player

-I was able to find a large Eddie Bauer rolling bag that was large enough to transport my Britax car seat and carry on bag. Once I arrived at the gate, I placed my stroller in and had them place it under the plane.

Hope these tips help others who may be traveling this summer. And thanks again to all who gave me advice before our trip. It is good to be back on the boards and I look forward to catching up.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

opus
07-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Great tips! Thanks for the info.

I have a car seat bag, but it does not roll. Must look for the rolling bag, much easier.

alaska
07-13-2004, 07:37 PM
we're traveling from alaska to boston in about a month (eli will be 20 months old) I've already got almost everything on your list but - dental floss is a FABULOUS idea! thanks!

Chelsey333
08-02-2004, 10:14 AM
great ideas! Where do I find the magnet board? Thanks!