PDA

View Full Version : travel bed for hotels and grandparents

mclark3
07-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has experience with the travel 'n trundle or the one step ahead inflatable travel bed? Our daughter has grown out of the pack and play, and we still use a crib at home. Since she is a restless sleeper, I would worry about putting her alone in a double as well as not getting much rest if I slept with her. This would be used for hotel travel and staying at grandparents until she transitioned to a "big girl" bed. Feedback about these two travel beds or other advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

Laurelsmom2002
07-17-2004, 07:36 PM
We have the one step ahead inflatable bed, it inflates super fast- charge the inflater before you go. It also packs down small and reasonably light. A good purchase for the price imo

mclark3
07-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Colleen,

Thanks for responding. I have a few more questions... Are the sides on the one-step ahead travel bed high enough that your DD doesn't roll out of it? Is the travel bed durable enough that a toddler jumping on it (not that she's supposed to...) wouldn't burst a seam? If our DD has an accident on the bed, is the material easy to clean? Do you cover it with a mattress pad for warmth or to "waterproof" it?

Thanks so much!

Maura

Laurelsmom2002
07-20-2004, 04:48 PM
DD is 22 mo and hasn't rolled out of it, and she's quite active w/ sleping she has jumped on it (24 lbs) and its ok, but not alot of jumping :) Its kinda a fleecy rubber, hard to describe, I think one could wipe it down w/ antibacterial stuff/ soap and water, I use a flat sheet over it since its easier to pack or borrow one from the hotel we're in. DD is not potty trained yet and the overnight huggies work so good, I havent worried about accidents,but I think a mattress pad would work, or one of the sheet savers like they have in the hospital.

mclark3
07-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Colleen,

Thanks for the specifics. The one-step-ahead bed is on backorder - but I am planning on ordering it once it's in stock again :)

Maura