PDA

View Full Version : Please help me! DH is living out second childhood!

RhondaSue
03-27-2005, 11:10 PM
I need your help - my dh has decided that this summer he must must must take our 3 year old to Idlewild Amusement Park in Ligonier, PA because it reminds him of some childhood park in Philly (we live in Cleveland). I think it's in the Pittsburgh area?

I'm in the early stages of Disney fever and planning a future trip to the happiest place on Earth, and dh wants to do small trips to tide us over until the Big One. Never heard of Idlewild myself and their website is not so great. I have no idea if it's worth the drive, where to stay, etc. I either need to arm myself to dissuade him or go with the flow and figure out logistics. Or the third choice would be to encourage him to go by himself, but that's a last resort! :)

Has anyone been there, heard anything about it? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

JustMare
03-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Yes, I've heard of it. On the Travel Channel. Here's a link to the Travel Channel's themepark page.

http://travel.discovery.com/ideas/themeparks/themeparks.html

vikivoly
04-09-2005, 01:05 AM
We had season passes to Idlewild last summer! I really enjoy the park and think it's fantastic for young toddlers/children, but I'm not sure I would make it a vacation spot - IYKWIM? It's actually about 1 - 1 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh and there's not much else nearby. I would say it's great if you are visiting relatives and want something to do, but again, not sure I would travel all that way JUST for the park itself. It's in a woodsy locale, has picnic areas, storybook forest, water park (with a special section for toddlers and babies) and Mister Rogers Neighborhood. It probably does have the same "childhood park feel" to it that he remembers. It's that type of park.

If you want detailed info on the park or the area, feel free to email me.

Here's some pictures from one of our trips last summer. DD was 1 1/2 years old.

Edited to delete link to pictures.