PDA

View Full Version : Which car seats fit in airplane seats?

ad_astra
04-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I traveled by air quite a bit when my daughter was an infant. Her infant carrier fit ok in all the planes. Now that she is getting bigger she uses an Evenflo Triumph convertible (forward facing) in the car. There is NO WAY that car seat will fit in an airplane seat. She is too little for a booster seat. I don't want to spend more than I have to in order to find a seat that can be used on a plane and in the rental car. On the other hand, I want her to be comfy in the plane AND on long car trips in a strange car. Any suggestions?

westgre
04-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Just a thought...
I just returned from a trip to FL with DD -- her first airplane ride. We have a Britax Marathon, which I love for easy installation and plushness. So, we took it on the plane and it fit in the seat no problem. What was a problem was getting DD to sit in it on the plane. She wanted to sit on my lap and generally didn't want to be in the seat at all on the plane. My guess is she needed a little encouragement during her new flying experience by sitting on my lap. So, the flight back we checked it in as baggage. So, even if you are absolutely set on DC riding in a carseat, DC may develop other plans. LOL. Some people rent carseats at their destinations, most rental car companies can help you with this. I would probably continue to lug along my Marathon though, because it's so easy to install, and I'm quite comfortable installing it.

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

stefani
08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi,

I have an Evenflo Triumph, and 2 Evenflo Titan, and 1 Cosco Regal Ride (Touriva). I have not taken the Triumph in airplane, while I have taken the Titan and Regal Ride. DH installed the Titan most of the time, but I took the Regal Ride to Asia, and part of the trip I was alone with DS, so I had to install it myself. I really like the Regal Ride, it was easy to install (especially with seat belts), light, and it was about $50 at Target.

I bought those car seat bag with wheels at BRU, and it worked great. I can wheel the car seat and push the stroller (diaper bag in the stroller and bagpack on my back).

Have fun shopping :-)