PDA

View Full Version : allergy-free foods in Maui

jennifer860
04-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Just thought of another question for our trip to Maui next month. DS is on a pretty restrictive diet for possible food allergies. Does anyone know if I can get rice milk in Maui? Our other staples are rice cakes and bananas, but those should be easy. TIA!

schums
05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Not sure when you're going to Maui, so hope you see this in time. When DH and I went to Hawaii (pre DS and DD) one thing we did to save a little $$ (so we could splurge somewhere else) was to stock up on some staples (snacks, pop, etc.). The best place? Wal-Mart! They seemed to have everything there that Wal-Mart has here, and then some, and at good prices. My guess would be that if WM carries rice milk here, you should be able to get it there in Maui. You might want to look up the phone # at walmart.com and call to make sure, but I'd think they'd have it.

HTH,
Sarah

mkee
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
My son also has many allergies, including milk, peanuts, wheat, corn, soy, eggs, etc.

We just went to Maui last Sept. I don't know where you are staying, but there is a Safeway in Kihei, which had rice milk.

vsmommy123
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
There are several health food stores on Maui, you shouldn't have any problem finding what you need. You can look up health food stores on Maui in google or something, you are sure to turn something up. The main town near the airport (Kahului) is where you will find most of the important stores like Costco & Walmart. I know there was a health food store there. Have a lovely trip!