PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Nickolodian hotel

Laurelsmom2002
05-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Cross post in the BB lounge

My friends came up from Ft. Pierce and we met them at the new Nickelodeon hotel from Holiday Inn. It was HORRID! Do not waste your $$ there they had booked their room at 171.00 a night for a “family� suite. They had brought their dd, and 2 of here friends for her B-day. The room was very small. The room for the kids had a bunk bed filling the wall on one side, and had a cot perpendicular and touching the bunk bed on another wall. It had a curtain for a door. They were advertised at that room rate up to 4 kids could eat free. 2 of the restaurants were not open yet. The only one that was, was buffet style in an old banquet hall- complete w/ the banquet style chairs, and the bar set up –like at a wedding. The “kids� selections were cold or way over cooked. The staff was downright rude. DH went to the carving station for roast beef, they didn’t have any plates and was told by the staff member “well you’ll have to get one somewhere else� So he did he tried to get a slice for me (since I’m at the table w/ my 2 under 3) and was told no one slice per visit. The chafing dishes were often empty, or the food in them overcooked and soggy.

The pool area could be nice- but the water slide was unbearably cold, even for adults. The pool areas paint was chipping off and there was rust in other areas. This was supposed to have a 26 mil renovation, to this hotel, that hasn’t even been completed yet.

When my friends checked out they saw they had been charged the full rate, not the AAA rate. He complained and was told there was nothing that could be done about that, and would not refund the difference.

If coming to Orlando- stay somewhere else.

http://www.nickhotel.com/index.html