PDA

View Full Version : Recent Sesame Place advice?

emschwar
02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
I've read the old threads, but some of them are pretty old. Anyone been recently?

We're planning on going this summer with our 2 year old (he'll be 2 in april) Elmo fanatic. We're thinking of doing 2 days in the park, and a character meal.

Any advice on hotels? Any idea why the vacation packages on the site look more expensive than if I just do everything separately? (Is tax included or something?) Character breakfast or dinner?

Also, when should we go? We're planning on going mid-week so we can avoid the crowds (I'm thinking of being at the park on thursday and friday, but maybe there would be better days). June, July? Any advice on anything like that?

Thanks so much!

ABixby
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I took my 18 month old son in September. He had a GREAT time. Actually sat through the Elmo's world show and everything. I'd recommend really checking out the hotels beforehand. We stayed at once claiming to be very close and newly remodeled, which was important because he has serious asthma, the smell of mildew was awful, the fridge broke where we had his special food, we nearly had to check out. September was a nice month, you can definitly see the whole park in two days. If you see a character walking along follow him because the lines for photo ops get long very quickly. The food was expensive but you can exit the park and picnic if you'd like and then go back in. Most of the kids had the special water shoes so you don't have to take on and off sneakers, I'd rent a locker and if you can forget the stroller, my son wouldn't sit in it anyway. What I didn't realize was how much of this park was water related, it was great. Mid week is probably best it is a very busy park even in September.

The hotels near the park didn't look like anything great but I don't think they are anything but a place to sleep for people going to Sesame Place. Some offered shuttles. There is a Walmart less than a mile away so if you have an RV you'd be all set.

Have a great time, we will be going twice this summer.

emschwar
04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the review. We're definitely going to get some water shoes for him. I just have to find some in his size.

We're still deciding on a hotel. Which one did you stay at? We're thinking of doing one of the hotels with suites, so we can stay in the living room area after our son goes to bed, since he goes to bed very early.

aguinn
05-12-2006, 08:25 AM
bump to try to find out which hotel you stayed at? we are planning to go this summer and i want to buy the package now...

tia,
;)amy
momma to DS#1 "Big Brother" (BB) and, finally, DS#2 "Little Brother" (LB)

http://b3.lilypie.com/Eygrm4/.png[/img][/url]
http://b1.lilypie.com/ur0Am4/.png[/img][/url]

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ Neil Postman