PDA

View Full Version : Best vacation for a toddler

my miracle baby
01-06-2007, 08:28 AM
HI-
Where is the best place to vaction with my 2 year old (the most toddler oriented)? I want somewhere fun where he can enjoy activites and other things to do. Most places are great for older kids and not usually geared toward toddlers. We do not want to go to Orlando, but would consider the Disney resorts at Hilton Head and Vero Beach. I think the beach would be best, unless someone has a better suggestion, so I guess I'm mainly questioning hotels and area. Any suggestions would be wonderful! THANK YOU!

Angela
Mommy to my Miracle Baby Isaiah
21 months and growing

Nicsmom
01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I have not been there but I have heard great reviews: Club Med Sandpiper Florida. We plan to go there next month with out toddler.

gatorsmom
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
This is exactly what I was going to reply! We took our 2.5 year old and 12 month old to Sandpiper last September and they loved it! The whole place is really set up for families with small children. They greet you with a brandnew stroller (which our 2.5 year old didn't use but our 12 month old did!), a high chair, changing table, crib, baby food, and toiletries waiting for you in your room. They provide bottled water every morning with maid service. They have great facilities for kids including a children's lunchroom with personal chef, a toddler pool, and 24 hour access to a snack room with milk, graham crackers, etc. The children's clubs are divided by age and each group has it's own daily schedule with fun activities. Parents can drop off/pick up children at any time of the day and can check on the children any time of the day. They do their best to listen to special needs and they always make you sign out when picking up your child. My son had such a great time he didn't want to leave at the end of the day!!

We had such a great experience we have just booked another trip for beginning of May. There is another Club Med that is identical in service in Ixtapa, Mexico. When they are done with their renovations (November 2007), we plan to go there to try it. I could go on and on about club Med. The most important thing is that your children are well cared for and that allows you to relax!

HTH!