PDA

View Full Version : If you had one week in New England..

LD92599
07-25-2007, 08:47 PM
We're in a quandry for a one weeks vacation in early November. Right now we're booked on a cruise from NJ to Bermuda for the 1st week. However, my mom is facing hip replacement so she won't be able to join us. As a result we'd have to make a HUGE upgrade which makes the "cheap" cruise not so cheap now!

Option 1 is to ask MIL to come up and watch DS for a week. This would allow DH & I to keep our current booking and go. Right now DS is booked in my moms room; therefore if she can't go we need to upgrade - hense the difference.

OK so my question.....we're contemplating instead a weeks driving tour starting in NJ and heading north. We'd probably cruise along Route 95 and make some stops. We'd like to see the Aquarium in Boston; Hanna (!) in Kittery, some sights in NH and VT and then maybe come back via MA or NY.

So...what are the must see's? DS is 4!

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

applesauce
07-29-2007, 02:15 AM
I would definitely go to the Children's Museum in Boston--not so far from the Aquarium. Also do little Italy and some of the Freedom Trail. I would also make sure I drove past Kittery on Route 1. Ogunquit is just about 15 minutes north of Kittery and it is a lovely town with a great beach. You can hit Hanna and do Oqunquit in one day. I also really like Rockport, MA for quaint NE.There is a beach and also a lot of art shops, food on the pier, etc. There is also a very famous clam shack in Ipswich that might be worth checking out. I would add a whale watch too. They leave from Boston near the Aquarium. Also do the Duck Tour, it is great fun. Buy your tickets in advance because they sell out. I think they have a stop in front of the Science Museum, which is another site your child would enjoy very much. Have fun! YOu might want to stop in Mystic, CT for the Seaport too.