PDA

View Full Version : X Post in Around the House-- Airplane travel toy suggestions for 17mo

denna
07-30-2007, 03:52 AM
We are moving to the U.S. in September and are in for quite a few flights from Venice, IT to D.C. and then throughout the US all the way to California to visit family. I was looking for good toy suggestions, or other ideas to keep DS entertained during this time. Also possible snacks to bring along? (Non-liquid of course). Also we have a portable DVD player so any cartoon or movie suggestions for that age would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

SnuggleBuggles
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Toy ideas...

Mister Potato Head
MagnaDoodle like toy
crayons and paper
toy cars
some small K'nex toy that is age appropriate (they come in a little case so that is handy for travel though for space you may want to just dump the pieces into a plastic bag)
not a toy but lollipops are good time killers
books
stickers
puppets

I found at that age ds didn't need all that many toys on the plane. But, the longest flight we did at that age was 5 hours. he entertained himself with stuff on the plane. I always tended to overpack for road and plane trips. :)

Snacks...
something like animal crackers that you can kill time sorting, organizing, talking about...

Movies...
"Cars"
"Finding Nemo" (maybe skip the 1st chapter though)
"Toy Story"
Bob the Builder
Sesame Street
Raffi in concert or Laurie Berkner

Beth