PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Place - what is a must?

Jen841
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
We live an hour or so away, and are going on our first trip. We will go many times over the years, so this is not a trip of a lifetime. Kids are 2 and 4. We are also going with a number of families. We got a group rate for tickets, which was a nice bonus.

luvmypeanut
08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I took the kids and their cousins (ages 5 and 7) in July and they loved it. I liked it because it is small and very very clean. There aren't that many rides but my kids were ok with that. They all liked the Elmo ride which is like the Dumbo ride at Disney. It seemed like more than half the park is dedicated to water play. Definitely ride the inner tubes. It's a long route and even my 2 yr old loved it and wasn't scared (he sat on my brother). I liked that the area with the sand pit and climbing structure was shaded so a great place to get out of the sun. The parade was a bit of a letdown but at least they try. Don't forget your towels because they sell them for $20 there. I wouldn't buy the refillable drink cups because all they have is soda and fruit punch. We didn't even stay all day as we hit everything we wanted by early afternoon. And the arcade area is pricey. My kids love that stuff and I didn't see it in time for a detour.

We did Hershey and Dutch Wonderland on a separate trip and Sesame Place was a refreshing break from large theme park chaos. Dutch Wonderland is also great for young kids and there was more for them to do, but it's older and looks rundown. My kids aren't wild for the Sesame characters - except for Elmo (who doesn't love Elmo) - so we got a break in the souvenir department.

All in all, it's a nice little park and if I lived closer I would take them regularly. The next day we took the ferry from Philly to Camden and spent the entire day at the Adventure Aquarium. It's a nice aquarium and the kids didn't want to leave.

Jen841
08-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Thank you! Dutch Wonderland is great. We have done that during a warm Christmas Season day last year. Close to home, but we don't utilize it enough.

sharbev
09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
We are passport members and go, well it feels like everyday! LOL We live about 30 min away. My kids are also 2 and 4. Of course they love all the rides -- every one of them. But, even though they go CONSTANTLY they still insist on seeing the shows EVERY TIME. They love the Abby Cadabby show, and of course, Elmo's World.

A couple of tips, find your spot for the parade route about 30 min beforehand. We put our towels down (at the outer edge of the yellow dots) and put our stroller behind them. The middle of that long main road is where your kids will have the best chance at interaction with characters. Then about 20 min before the parade go back towards the entrance and look for where they rent the strollers. You'll see a sign that says "VIP AREA". Go back there and all the characters come out and spend time with the kids. You can take pictures and play. It's for members only, but in all the times I've gone, they've only asked for my passport twice. If they do ask, just play dumb and say you didn't realize.

And just to add about the refillable cups, at first I thought it was only soda and fruit punch, too. But, it turns out you can get lemonade or bottled water in them also. Bottled water is $2.79, so refills are a good deal even just for that.

I also agree the gaming area is pricey and usually walk my boys a different way to avoid it all together. LOL

Finally, the bathrooms closest to the Count's Fount have not only bathrooms, but changing rooms and also showers. Just FYI.

Enjoy!
~shari

Oh and take (or buy there) an autograph book with a sharpie. My boys even as young as they are LOVE getting autographs. They are always asking me who we have and who we don't have.