PDA

View Full Version : Checking carseat at ticket counter

jyllebean
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
We've flown with DD several times and have always gate checked the car seat. This time we are taking a lightweight umbrella stroller with us that doesn't fit the carseat. We would prefer to check the carseat at the ticket counter so we don't have to lug it around the airport. I'm thinking of putting it in a big duffle bag. Anyone else done this? I've seen carseats in those big plastic bags also. Do you get those at the airport and would that be a better alternative? It's a short flight so we don't mind holding dd or if there is an extra seat she could always just sit in it if we are close.

Thanks!

Jill

hillview
09-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I'd gate check it. The bag handlers are rough with bags vs with car seats. Also I have lucked out several times getting a seat when I get to the plane. Just my 2 cents.
/hillary

mom2binsd
09-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I'd bring it to the gate, if it got lost can you bear not have her carseat at your destination. As well, those plastic bags do not protect your seat at all, if you do check as luggage use a big hockey type bag and surround with clothing or padding. You can get 50% off tickets for children under 2 then you're guaranteed a seat for your child, check out the carseat forum for more info on why getting a seat for a child is highly recommended,

HTH