PDA

View Full Version : Condos or houses in Maui

maestramommy
09-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, we thought we were gonna stay at a guesthouse, but it turned out our dates were wrong, so the house isn't available when we're going (rats!). I went to some links given here, and will continue to search. But it's a mite confusing. Where can I find condo units that are in the same building. Most of the listings I see are for units here and there. We need a total of 5 bedrooms, so that could be 2-3 units. We were going for somewhere in the kaanapali area, near Baby Beach. Is that where the surf is supposed to be gentlest?

So, anyone travel there with extended family and manage to find the right combo of lodging? I'm beginning to see that time is reeeeeeally short for booking!

Zansu
09-17-2007, 01:38 PM
We travel in a pack to Maui every year :)

We stay at the Kapaula Golf Villas, and can usually manage to be in the same building or close by.

You can rent directly through the resort, but that's expensive. www.kapalua.com

We use Sullivan Properties www.mauiresorts.com

Also, try www.VRBO.com and just check for unit numbers in the listings

I've also stayed at the Kaanapali Villas (pre-kids) which would be a good set up for you http://www.resortquesthawaii.com/hawaii/propertyOverview.do?propertyGroupId=25568

I also like the Whaler http://www.kaanapaliwhaler.com/

PM me if you want specific info about Kapalua.

maurenemm
09-18-2007, 08:36 AM
We're planning a trip to Maui for next year and also need 5-6 bedrooms.

Mostly we've been checking out VRBO. If you're set on Kaanapali (which is a great area) then you might just have to search one by one and determine which are in the same building. Sometimes you do see listings where a person owns more than one unit in a complex - so be sure to check out "my other listings" on VRBO (if that is the way you go).

We've found some larger houses to rent in the Lahina (spelling?) area which is a nice central location. I think the previous poster had some great ideas.

When are you going? We're planning on early July 2008.

maestramommy
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
We are going in mid March, to coincide with Dh's neices' spring break. We DID just put down a deposit for a cottage in Lahaina (yay!)