PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Legoland in California?

Melanie
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
ISO hotel recommendations. I'd LOVE someplace with mini-suites so Dh & I aren't forced to go to bed at 8 pm.

Thanks!

luvmypeanut
10-01-2007, 11:31 AM
We've been several times but have always stayed in the San Diego area. We had to cancel a trip planned for Nov but I remember finding some places near Legoland that looked pretty good. Try www.getawaytoday.com
They have pretty good prices on rooms. Also, I believe Legoland has a ticket special going on where a 3 month membership is something like $5 more than the price of a one-day ticket. Great if you're planning on going more than one day. I think I saw that on the Costco website.

Melanie
10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the tips. We already got discount tix via Dh's company. I think they were $39 and for another $1 we can go again which we'll probably do to make it a two day trip.

missliss55
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't have any hotel recommendations but wanted to say that you guys are going to have so much fun. I grew up near Carlsbad so when we went this summer we just stayed with my parents. My girls had a blast and still talk about it.

craftysierra
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
We just stayed at the La Qinta while not pretty there were two rooms and a kitchen. They are listed on the legoland site. Have fun! We have passes so I think it is fun!

Sierra

Tondi G
10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Check out this site

www.localwally.com

and cross check on Tripadvisor.com for travelers reviews

I found that this particular hotel seemed to get good reviews.... we considered it but then DH got busy at work and we didn't go down to SD as planned!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32171-d603664-Reviews-West_Inn_Suites_Carlsbad-Carlsbad_California.html

Hope this helps you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

mommytotwo
10-04-2007, 08:20 PM
We stayed in the San Diego area. The kids loved Legoland and still talk about it over a year later.

DDowning
10-05-2007, 06:55 AM
When are you coming? :)

Melanie
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I think we're going in November. I don't like crowds. LOL.

nicoleandjackson
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!! I am a *total* Disney snob, but I'd go back to Legoland in a heartbeat.

We rented a 2BR condo when we went in the Spring of '06. It is part of the Sonoran Suites properties:

http://www.sonoransuites.com/sandiego/

We had a fully-stocked kitchen, two balconies, two full baths, a full-sized washer and dryer, and cable TV with a DVD player. Very clean and neat, and the housekeeping services were great. We were literally five minutes from the gates at Legoland. When we go back next, we will definitely be staying there again.

Good luck, and have a wonderful time!!!

Nicole, Mommy to Jackson 4/30/02

lilye13
10-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Love love LOVE Legoland for that 3.5 -? crowd. It's so manageable- not too big, lots to do for the little ones. We went June '06 and stayed at the West Inn and Suites which had just opened. Breakfast was included and it was pretty good, hot food buffet style. The room worked out well for us - had sitting area with pull out couch and TV and then King Size in "bedroom"- not two rooms with a door but one long room with the bathroom in between the 'livingroom' and 'bedroom'. Also had microwave and mini bar fridge which we just moved our stuff into. I think they have a restaurant casual style on site now. But it was just right down the road from LEgoland - like 5-7 minutes away by car. Near the train tracks so for my son that made even more fun. But we didn't hear it while sleeping.
Can't wait to go back really!!!
HTH- enjoy