PDA

View Full Version : Nice place to say in Central Bucks County, PA (New Hope, etc.)

lmintzer
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
DH and I are going away for 2 nights to celebrate our 10th anniversary. This will be the longest we've ever been away from the kids. Yep, my oldest is 6 1/2, so it's been a while!

We're in Philly (but relatively new to the area), so we decided to explore New Hope and Doylestown area. We wanted somewhere close so we didn't spend our whole time driving/flying.

We have been searching for a nice place to stay (we're going mid-week so availability shouldn't be a problem) and are having a hard time choosing. A lot of the B & Bs get wildly mixed reviews.

Our preference is for luxurious before quaint. Quaint is great, but frankly, I'd love to sleep in a king-sized feather bed with a great mattress.

Anybody have a good rec?

Thanks!

daisy1234
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
We were just there today...Peddlers village. We just love it there! I wish I could recommend a nice place! You will have a great time! Hopefully someone will post a good rec!

jvorhis
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Peddlers Village has the Golden Plough Inn which is wonderful. They have great packages that will include your dinner and breakfast. We ate at the Cock N Bull and it was great.

emily_gracesmama
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
no personal experience here, but check this one out, looks luxurious.
http://www.theinnatbowmanshill.com