PDA

View Full Version : Two days in LA in Nov. Where to stay and what to do?

luvmypeanut
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Is the Getty young kid-friendly and how long would you expect to be there? I've been reading about Griffith Park which sounds like a must but the carousel and Lil Steamers train only run on Sun/weekend and we'll be there on a Mon and Tues. Is the zoo worth it? Aquarium of the Pacific?

The last few trips we've stayed in Santa Monica. Are there any other areas or hotels that we should consider?

Inden3
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Long Beach is nice to stay and visit in. They have the Aqarium of the Pac, Queen Mary and some nice parks. You may also want to check out Knotts Berry Farm. It has a theme park but also some other stuff to check out, little shops etc...
Dowthtown Disney is cool, its outside the parks and no fee to get in (i believe)
have fun!

luvmypeanut
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I should have mentioned that we're staying in Disneyland for a few days after our stay in LA, so I'm looking for info for the LA area. What's at the Queen Mary? My kids love aquariums so this would be a great choice. Thanks!

Inden3
11-02-2007, 06:06 PM
the Queen Mary is an old cruise ship. check out http://www.queenmary.com/index.php?page=prices
for more info on the shows and tours. make sure you bring a stroller or go right after the kids have had a nap, sometimes the walking tours can get a little long for them.
Have fun!